Monday, January 30, 2012

Wishing you sunny warm holiday doll play days!

Vancouver is miserable with rain at the moment, the kind of rain that makes you want to climb back in to bed and cover your head with the blanket until spring! If you are living on the East Coast or Central Part of Canada  I hope you are having much better weather then us here on the Wet West Coast.
I need a vacation, I think you do to! 
Even if it is just a beach day doll play day at home, some warm and dry conditions are required this time of year, they do not call us Snow birds for Nothing!
I cam across Shoreline Fun this fun new outfit from Maplelea that includes this lightweight cotton Cover-Up, beach bag, and sunglasses as well as a terry towel and of course our favorite journal pages!


Watercolor Waves is another fun sunny day delight, this set includes
a "Maplelea Girl a cozy terry hooded cover-up to slip on over her bathing suit. This set also includes a mesh beach bag, a striped towel and blue sunglasses, and is topped off with a matching terry hat."
Another great journal page  about Canadian swimming sensation Marilyn Bell is also included
each of these sets sells for $30
Sandals and bathing suit sold separately!

I love these sunglasses and cover ups and think these sets would make wonderful additions to any doll play collection.

While we are at it, last year on my American Girl Blog http://karenmomofthreescraft.blogspot.com/
I shared a wonderful dollar store find that works great for any indoor or out door doll play! A small inflatable pool. Watch your stores for them as they sell out quickly and watch end of season sales as well. 
**Never add water! But a great addition to your doll play collection especially on rainy days like today where we could all use a beach day!

Well I am thinking of making myself some lemonade and getting out the pool and having a dolly beach day with my nieces!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to tell you it was 60 something and sunny today in DE. I hope Puxatawney Phil (the PA groundhog of the weather predicting type) comes through for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I loved Delaware, what nice memories I have from there, hope to return someday!

    ReplyDelete