Monday, April 9, 2012

Our Canadian Girl books


Do you know about a great line of Canadian books called Our Canadian Girl?
These historical books published by Penguin where written an published between 2001 and 2009 and offer stories of Canadian 12 girls through Canadian history.

While these books have nothing to do with Maplelea Dolls I do like the idea that Canadians have a history book series not that un like that of our American Sisters to the south.
I have picked up several copies of these books from my local thrift and book resellers but I understand that they are available on  Indigo.ca
These books are offered under $10 and would be a wonderful addition to any library home or school!
 There are also treasury's available
You can read chapters from the series on http://www.ourcanadiangirl.ca/ and decide if this series is something you wish to bring home.
  The girls are:
 Penelope
 Marie-Claire
 Emily
 Rachel
 Elizabeth
 Ellen
 Angelique
 Izzie
 Lisa
 Margit
 Millie
 Keeley
 Be sure to check for these books at your local library and let me know what you think of this series.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment