Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Quote to ponder food for thought on Doll Play

I am often asked how old is too old to play with dolls....
I like this sign that I found on a friends Facebook page, which inspired today's post. You see I do not think you are ever too old to play with or love dolls.
I do believe that how we play with dolls changes as we get older just like everything else in life.
I can hardly listen to the Sarah McLachlan's song from Toy Story 2 with out tearing up!
When parents ask me what they should do with their daughters dolls once they have "Grown out of them" I always say, "hang on to them, they will want them when they are older."

" Let them choose what to do with their dolls, perhaps they will want to keep them, give them to a child or niece of their own. It is amazing the healing and comfort an old friend and loved one can bring just as the sensory memory and warm feelings you had for your doll when you where younger "


Now I am not trying to make a hoarder out of you or your child but I think you will agree that keeping that one special doll  is not too much to ask.


When I was 8 I got my first Cabbage Patch doll, I loved him, I still have him and the other three I was given until I was deemed too old for dolls... I still love knowing I have them, even though I do not have a daughter of my own, though my nieces love them too.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. I'm 46 and I still proudly play w/ my dolls and action figures. Sadly I didn't have much left after we moved from NYC to CA when I was 13, though my mom did save some things. I've basically spent my my whole adult life trying to buy back 12 years of childhood, Ironic, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good to know! I am glad you are still enjoying your dolls! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete