Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hair brush comparison

Not all hair brushes are created equal for our dolls this much is true. If you have an Maplelea Doll or an American Girl Doll you know that our dolls wigs are in need of special care.
The Maplelea brush shown above is a great wire brush for dolls offered at $6.00.
The American Girl Doll Wire brush is offered at $7  and though it is not as wide I love the job it does on the dolls hair. NOW I have had 4 of these brushes and they have all fallen apart in use, so I keep buying them and hope that they will improve but think my next purchase will be the Maplelea Brush.



Though our friends over at Springfield dolls do not have a doll brush for sale it is very important to note that these wonderful dolls DO NOT REQUIRE a wire brush, in fact they should never have a wire brush on their hair as it will split the hair. Use a brush with plastic covered bristles for best results.

***IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BRUSH YOUR DOLLS HAIR I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A SPRAY BOTTLE WITH WATER TO HELP THE STRANDS OF YOUR DOLLS HAIR STAY TOGETHER. BRUSHING CAN SPLIT THE HAIRS ON YOUR DOLLS HEAD AND THE WATER WILL HELP. CAREFUL NOT TO MIST THE EYE AREA AND START AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR DOLLS HAIR COMBING IT FROM THE BOTTOM IN SECTIONS TO THE TOP TO PREVENT TANGLING.****

I get my spray bottles at the dollar store and they are wonderful for quick styles to complicated styles. They also make great party gifts and stocking stuffers...
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment